Friday, May 6, 2011

Coffee Shops

You never know how important having a coffee shop in your town is, until you don't have access to one. I'm happy to be back to civilization where I can spend an entire afternoon at the coffee shop, if I want. It's a nice convenience that I formerly took for granted.
It's bright in the Front Porch Cafe today. The cafe is a big open space with a lot of windows. I feel comfortable here. It's well-lit, accommodating, and inviting. The light coming in contributed to my day-long headache that no amount of water will heal. I probably drank too much last night, but I had a nice time with my friends from Ecuador and the Philippines.
The main barista knows me because I stop in several times a week. She, too, is originally from Michigan. She actually graduated from Michigan State University, which is where I was just accepted for a PhD program. (Small World.) 
I've starting drinking more tea. Hot tea, iced tea. I usually ask for their suggestions for flavor. But, it's pretty good and is usually enough to take care of my caffeine fix. It gives my body a break from coffee for a bit.

Moral of the story: Coffee shops are a wonderful part of my life. I never knew how much I value them until I didn't have access to them in Chauvin, LA. I'm glad to be reunited.

No comments:

Post a Comment